Dart Diamond Rewards Loyalty Program - FAQ
21 Nov 2018
Dart Diamond Rewards Program FAQ
What is the Dart Diamond Rewards Program?
- The Dart Diamond Rewards Program is a new rewards program designed to recognize and reward productive, loyal drivers and owner operators in the Dart fleet. This rewards program is calculated in points. Dart is working with Highway Sales and a variety of other vendors to put together a program that offers prize drawings, discounts, special recognition and more to drivers and owner operators in the fleet.
How do drivers and owner operators earn points?
- Points are based on the driver’s and owner operator’s paid miles and segments.
- 1 paid mile = 1 point
- 1 segment = 40 points
(Segments are defined as the load destination drop, then any extra stops, or empty moves. Segment points are capped at 3 per manifest – Max 120 points)
- On the initial rollout points will be based on the driver’s and owner operator’s paid miles and their segments over the last year.
What are the Dart Diamond Reward tiers?
- The Dart Diamond Rewards Program will be divided into 4 tiers:
Silver, Gold, Platinum and Diamond
- To qualify for a tier a driver or owner operator needs to drive enough paid miles to hit the point band for each tier.
- Silver = 150,000 points
- Gold = 400,000 points
- Platinum = 650,000 points
- Diamond = 1,000,000 points
- To maintain a tier a driver or owner operator must have at least 8500 points per month on a rolling 12-month basis. If the rolling average falls below 8500 points per month, status is lost until the average returns to 8500 or higher. When calculating the 8500 point average Dart will throw out the two lowest months in the past rolling 12. We understand drivers and owner operators sometimes have a bad month of production, and a lot of times bad months are out of their control (e.g. a family member gets sick, vacations get taken, etc.).
- If the driver or owner operator hasn’t worked with Dart consistently for the past 12 months (e.g. a requal) then we’ll check the six previous consecutive month average for 8500 points.
What are the specially branded apparel items of Silver, Gold, Platinum and Diamond status in the rewards program?
- Silver – Hat, pin, window cling
- Gold – Shirt, pin, window cling
- Platinum – Pullover, pin, window cling
- Diamond – Jacket, pin, window cling
- Safety Elite – there is also a Safety Elite window cling that we can send out to drivers and owner operators that achieve that status
What are the prizes of Silver, Gold, Platinum and Diamond status in the rewards program?
- Cash prizes of the program are monthly, quarterly, and annual cash drawings based on each tier
What are the monthly perks of Silver, Gold, Platinum and Diamond status in the rewards program?
- Monthly perks of the program are still being finalized, but drivers will earn points that are redeemable.
What is Safety Elite Status?
- Safety Elite Status is a special status within the Dart Diamond Rewards Program that grants more flexibility for drivers and owner operators that have proven their ability to be safe on the road.
- For Company Drivers, Safety Elite Status means the driver’s truck will have the cruise-speed governor raised to 68 mph.
- Highway Sales is participating too. For Independent Owner Operators in Highway Sales’ lease purchase program, Safety Elite Status means the owner operator’s truck will be ungoverned.
- All drivers and owner operators in Safety Elite Status also receive a unique pin and window cling that identifies them as a Safety Elite driver in the Dart fleet.
Why recognize Safety Elite status?
Even though Dart and Highway Sales are giving Safety Elite drivers and owner operators more freedom with their trucks, that doesn’t change our expectations for safety and compliance.We expect drivers and owner operators to drive below the speed limit on a regular basis, be safe, avoid accidents, and comply with all laws.Drivers and owner operators reaching Safety Elite status have demonstrated their ability to operate safely, so we’re trusting them to do what’s safe out on the road.If a driver or owner operator gets an unsafe warning, citation, violation, or a preventable accident out on the road Dart and Highway Sales will suspend or remove Safety Elite Status for that driver or owner operator until he or she goes 12 months without a violation or preventable accident.
- Drivers and owner operators in Safety Elite Status will have the same safety and speed expectations of other drivers and owner operators, such as:
- Not driving above the speed limit – traveling 2-3 miles slower than the flow
- In poor driving conditions, slowing down below the speed limit to a safe speed for conditions
- Never using cruise in slippery conditions
- Maintaining a proper following distance of 6 seconds or greater whenever possible
- Avoiding lane changes unless absolutely necessary and making them safely when they are required. That means using “lean and look” to avoid an accident during a right lane change.
- We trust the proven good judgment these drivers and owner operators have shown in safe and compliant operation.
How do I get Safety Elite Status?
- To qualify initially drivers and owner operators have to reach Gold Status in the Dart Diamond Rewards Program by earning 400,000 points. Those 400,000 points must include only preventable accident free miles with 0 CSA Unsafe BASIC points.
- To maintain Safety Elite Status, drivers and owner operators must remain preventable-accident-free and must not receive any CSA Unsafe BASIC points.
- If a driver or owner operator achieves Safety Elite Status and then has a preventable accident or receives any CSA Unsafe BASIC points the driver or owner operator will lose Safety Elite Status until the driver or owner operator goes one year without a preventable accident and without any CSA Unsafe BASIC points while operating with Dart.
- CSA Unsafe Basic points are points for moving violations such as speeding, failure to obey traffic signs, improper lane change, etc.
- Safety Elite Status is always subject to Safety approval
When will my truck get turned up?
- If a driver or owner operator reaches Safety Elite Status the truck governor will be adjusted at the truck’s next regularly scheduled preventative maintenance appointment. The adjustment must be made at a Dart Safety Lane shop or Dart Safety Lane approved facility.
How do I know my Dart Diamond Reward tier or Safety Elite status?
- In the future, drivers and owner operators will be able to check their status through Dart’s mobile app and e-driver.
- Drivers and owner operators can contact their Fleet Managers with any questions.
Why are Dart and Highway Sales doing this?
The Dart Diamond Rewards Program with Safety Elite Status is a special way for Dart and Highway Sales to recognize the safe, productive, and loyal drivers and owner operators out on the road today.
Who do I ask if I have more questions?
- Talk to your fleet manager for more information or send a question through the Message to Management PeopleNet macro.
What else do I need to know?
- Dart Transit Company, Mainstream Transportation, and Highway Sales are all participating in the rewards program with the Safety Elite Status. Dart Express is currently evaluating the program and may join at a later date.