Stay Safe on the Road This Winter Season
Check www.511mn.org for Trucker Weather and Road Conditions
Truckers looking for the latest in winter road conditions, live traffic maps and weather alerts are advised to log on to www.511mn.org.
511 is the Minnesota Department of Transportation's (MnDOT) official traffic and traveler information site. MN 511 offers reports for interstates, U.S routes and state highways in Minnesota. It does not give information on county roads or city streets.
What are the available 511 resources for truck drivers and dispatchers?
At www.511mn.org you can find:
- The 511 app
- Full-feature website: dynamic Google map and the "My Reports"
- Map of statewide winter road conditions
- Up-to-date Metro Traffic map
- Weather alerts - dense fog, high winds, storm alerts
- Streamlined website: static Google maps gives winter road conditions, road reports, traffic speeds, truck restrictions and cameras
- Telephone: dial 511 for voice activated traffic information
- Updates on winter road conditions, construction projects and road closures.
- Traffic maps with traffic speeds, traffic incidents and camera images
- Trucking restrictions including weigh stations and vehicle OSOW restrictions
- Hands-free, eyes-free audio notification of traffic events while traveling
- Weather alerts - dense fog, high winds and storm alerts.
- Other states' road condition reports
Thank you to the Minnesota Trucking Association (MTA) for the winter driving safety tips. For more information on the MTA, visit their website.
Dart Vice President of Safety Randy Luckow sat down with the Dart Network Podcast to discuss the issues involved with winter driving and strategies for safely navigating the roads during the winter season. To hear the interview with Randy on winter driving, please click on the following link: https://soundcloud.com/user-511060481/winter-driving-safety-tips-from-dart
Back to Blog