There's a reason Dart Transit Company is known as one of America's best carriers for owner operators.
Since 1934, we've designed our company with the business needs of the owner operator in mind. That's why we have some of the industry's strongest programs, tools and trucker resources. In fact, Dart has an open-door policy so that owner operators can meet with their expert support team, face-to-face, to map out the best road to success and maximum profitability.
And since we offer a wide variety of operating options, such as
Over-the-Road (OTR), Regional, Dedicated, and Short Haul, you're sure to find the mix of miles and home time you want—at a contract rate that's hard to beat.
When you add up all the Dart advantages, it's easy to see why Dart owner operators are among the most successful in the industry. So, fill out an
Application for Certification, and find success on your own terms today!
Pay & Settlements
A great rate on reliable freight. Not only are Dart owner operators highly compensated with one of the best contract rates in the trucking industry, they also have the freedom to choose when they're paid. Additionally, there are several opportunities to earn added bonuses. And since we understand that an owner operator needs flexibility, we offer multiple pay rate options and convenient direct deposit.
- Immediate settlements, whenever YOU choose. Dart gives you the flexibility to settle after any load. And with in-cab scanning, you can even settle loads in the comfort of your own truck.
- Flexible pay rate options. As an owner operator, you're the boss—which means choosing how you earn. Want flat-rate mileage pay? Or a graduated mileage scale? Or would you prefer a percentage of the load revenue? Dart offers multiple contract options.
- Convenient direct deposit. Dart takes the hassle out of getting paid. Direct deposit is available for the owner operator who wants one less thing to worry about.
- Detention and layover pay.
- Bonuses. Add to your income with a sign-on bonus ($1,500–$5,000), driver referrals ($500–$2000) and perfect DOT Inspections.
- Become a driver trainer. Are you an owner operator who enjoys sharing your knowledge of the road? If so, you can earn extra pay as a Dart instructor. We'll provide you with the tips you need to be an effective trainer so when you're riding side-by-side with a driver trainee, you'll be prepared to cover the necessary materials.
Don't sacrifice pay for time at home. As a family-owned company, we know that home time is important. That's why we are uniquely structured to offer our owner operator drivers several options with a great mix of miles to give you the home time you need while making great pay. Whether you want to get home several times a week or even every day, we'll do our best to make sure your goals are met.
At Dart, we want to make sure owner operators are happy and successful, which is why we offer some of the
best driving options in the trucking industry. Find the one that works for you. And if your goals change, we'll work with you to find an option that better suits your needs.
Great pay on plenty of miles is just the beginning. At Dart, we want to make sure that you and your business are protected. That's why we offer competitive advantages to owner operators, so you can focus on your success.
Paid base-plate and permits package. Most tolls and scale slips are also reimbursed so you can choose the route that makes the most sense for you!
Affordable trucking insurance & medical insurance. Owner operators can enroll in excellent comprehensive insurance programs, including:
- Occupational accident
- And more!
Driving like a boss means having more control over your work schedule, taking time off when you wish and deciding what ride you roll in. Let Dart take care of the rest.
Reduce expenses with exclusive discounts and more. Being your own boss means paying the bills. See how you can save big money with Dart.
- Fuel discounts. Last year alone, Dart owner operators saved $7,000,000 just by purchasing fuel within the Advantage® Fuel Network, which includes over 1,100 participating truck stops.
- Fuel tax program. Buy fuel in the states where it's cheapest—you pocket the savings! And Dart will handle all of your fuel tax reports.
- Low-cost trucks. Save a bundle on your new or used truck through Highway Sales, Inc. Financing is available to get you the best possible deal.
- Discounted maintenance and parts. Dart owner operators get exclusive deals at any Dart Safety Lane across the country—plus dependable ASE-certified mechanics and on-the-spot casing credit.
- Discounted phone and internet. Save on service every month and anytime you buy a phone.
Maximize your profitability. Minimize your stress. As an owner operator, you enjoy the freedom of being your own boss. But you also feel the strain of managing your business down to the penny. Find out how Dart gives you more ways to be profitable for the long haul.
- Free profitability webinars. Take advantage of Dart's classes that teach owner operators how to navigate business cycles, manage time and cash flow, choose when to settle and minimize fuel expenses. With nearly 80% of owner operators improving their fuel economy and profitability, our classes are proven effective!
- One-on-one consultations. Work with our knowledgeable pros, face-to-face, to map out how to get your business where you want to take it. From planning to efficiency, from finance to accounting, Dart experts will give you the tools to succeed.
- Free online management resources. With Dart's E-Driver management tool, managing day-to-day details of your business is quick and easy. View your settlement history, search for the lowest price on fuel, find qualified inspection sites and much more—right from your phone, tablet or laptop. Plus, our online library offers important information on everything from the latest regulations to preparing your taxes.
Your future begins at a location near you. To prepare for your success as a Dart owner operator, you'll complete an informative, 3-day onboarding process. Not only will you have the opportunity to demonstrate your skills and knowledge, but you'll also learn tips on maximizing your profitability. After the initial process, you'll take a road test and meet your owner operator support team.
Orientation is available every week in one of four convenient locations. If you're ready to start the contracting process with Dart, fill out the Application for Certification.
Need a new ride? Dart makes it easy and affordable. Drive like a boss in a new or used truck from Highway Sales, Inc. New trucks feature proven durability and fuel economy—with flexible payments below dealer financing through our FREEdom lease program. That's why a Dart owner operator drives with confidence.
If an affordable used truck suits your lifestyle and business goals, Highway Sales, Inc., can get you behind the wheel in no time with low weekly payments. No matter what your goals are, Dart will help you find the right truck to grow your successful business as an owner operator.